- Before firing the first shot of every shoot, shoot 2 to 3 primers, then wipe the barrel dry.
- Loading: The loading data of the individual models vary. These are sent to you on delivery together with the instructions.
- Important: After every shot, it should be checked that no old primer has remained in the hammer, to allow the striking power of the hammer to meet the new primer at full force during the next shot.
- After shooting and while still on the shooting range, the barrel of the gun should immediately be wiped several times with a damp cloth and oiled slightly. The outer visible traces of powder on the barrel and cock should also be wiped with a damp cloth and oiled slightly.
- At home, separate the barrel in the following way from the system by removing the hardened conical pin:
- leave the hammer for the strike on the conical pin on the nipple
- push out the conical pin from the left with the enclosed punch (when looked at from the shot direction)
- span the hammer and hold tightly (to prevent unchecked firing)
- pull the barrel out of the system, release the hammer carefully! (Do not fire when empty!)
- Screw out the nipple and clean separately with hot water.
- Pump the barrel vigorously in hot water (not boiling) in an upright position with a cleaning patch. Clean the powder chamber with a suitable barrel brush made of plastic.
- Wipe the barrel dry thoroughly. If necessary, blow any remaining water out of the powder chamber with compressed air. A further possibilty is: fill a cap full of acetone into the barrel (barrel vertical and hold nipple thread shut). After a short time, allow the acetone flow out through the nipple thread.
- Slightly oil the barrel, only wipe all the other parts and oil slightly. Do not spray the oil into the muzzle or through the nipple thread into the powder chamber! The powder chamber has to remain oil-free! Only wipe all the other parts and oil slightly.
- Screw in the nipple with Teflon tape, in this way, the piston cannot burn hard (only pull the piston slightly!).
Should you not shoot for a longer period, wipe the barrel now and again with an oily cloth.
Now some instructions on adjusting the sight of my underhammer pistols
Gun shoots too high: turn the adjustment screw of the rear sight corresponding to the deviation on the target to the right (clockwise - please take the adjustment values from the instructions delivered).
Gun shoots too low: turn the adjustment screw of the rear sight corresponding to the deviation on the target to the left (anti-clockwise).
Weapon shoots to the right: by knocking on the side of the dove-tail of the front sight from the left-hand side, push the front sight to the right
Weapon shoots to the left: by knocking on the side of the dove-tail of the front sight from the right-hand side, push the front sight to the left
Please note: the mounted nipple is especially adjusted to suit your gun and for the use of CCI Percussion caps No. 11. To guarantee impeccable functioning, it is meaningful to order replacement nipples from me. Nipples from other manufacturers can sometimes lead to problems with the ignition and therefore to a lack of shooting performance!
Instructions on the disassembling the grips and adjusting the triggers my underhammer pistols.
Wishing you a lot of pleasure shooting